What’s better than beef that’s crispy? Absolutely nothing.
The secret ingredient to this restaurant style crispy beef is the cornstarch. Adding cornstarch makes all the difference, adding that extra crispness and crunchiness to the dish. This crispy beef is tasty, simple and definitely restaurant standard. It’s everything you need for a fancy lunch/dinner indoors for yourself or the special people in your life.
1/2 cup of Corn Starch
Oil for frying
1 tbsp Soy sauce
1tsp Brown Sugar
1tsp Vegetable oil
1 Garlic clove
- Cut fillet/ steak into really thin pieces as shown above
- Evenly coat fillet pieces with corn starch
- Heat a wok with some oil and then add well coated fillet pieces when hot. Fry until crispy
- Drain crispy beef and leave to cool
- In a clean wok, add vegetable oil then the diced/minced garlic and ginger. Simmer the garlic and ginger for a few seconds, then add soy sauce, hoison sauce and brown sugar. Let simmer until bubbly
- Add in crispy beef and coat well in sauce for a few seconds before taking off heat
- Enjoy with rice or alone.
Note: For extra heat, add in pepper flakes.