As we all know (or maybe you actually did not!) today the 12th of April is #NationalGrilledCheeseDay, so I have collaborated with one of my favorite cheese brands to bring you a special wovenblends grilled cheese recipe. The great thing about collaborations like these is that I am able to explore creativity while creating content that my audience will respond to.
When Boar’s Head asked that I create my special grilled cheese sandwich for this special day, I was delighted because this meant I could work with a brand that I held closely to heart due to its quality and fresh ingredients used in the production of its cheese.
The most fun part of creating this grilled cheese recipe I would say is the ability to combine elements of food from back home into this international creation that can be enjoyed by almost anyone and everyone. My creativity led me beyond American waters back to my motherland Nigeria and I created a “grilled cheese suya sandwich,” inspired from and American classic “Philly cheesesteak sandwich.” The addition of Boar’s Head Monterey Jack cheese made a clear difference in the outcome of the sandwich, because it added that extra moisture and gooeyness we all love in the classic Philly cheesesteak. Boar’s Head has been a family deli brand you can trust with an unwavering standard for quality – a value passed down from one family member to the next for five generations and over 110 years, so you can be rest assured there’s no compromise in quality when purchasing any of the brands products. Boar’s Head Monterey Jack cheese as well as a selection from their 38 other cheeses, can be purchased from your nearest local deli, so happy #NationalGrilledCheeseDay guys. Let’s get to it already. For this Suya grilled cheese sandwich, you will need the following:
Boar’s Head Brand Monterey Jack Cheese
Loaf of Bread
1/2lb flank steak
- Slice flank steak thinly and season with seasoning of choice, before sprinkling generously with yaaji spice
- Grill or fry flank steak
- Slice bread loaf into semi fat slices
- Butter one side of each loaf and place on a grill pan over low-medium heat
- Add Boar’s Head Monterey Jack cheese on each loaf of bread
- Add cooked suya steak on top of Boar’s Head Monterey Jack Cheese
- Top each side of suya steak with more Boar’s Head Monterey Jack cheese
- Combine both sides of the sandwich and grill until the cheese is fully melted
- Cut sandwich into half and enjoy
What better way to enjoy #NationalGrilledCheeseDay than with a suya grilled cheese sandwich made with Boar’s Head Monterey Jack cheese.