The Colour Green!

image   image image   image image   image image   image image   image image

Green!!! There’s so much to the colour green. There’s so much that crosses my heart when I think about green. For the most part of this look, green means vibrant. It screams growth, it screams all that bright rosey stuff I dreamed about as I shot this look. It highlights life as we knew it. As I think deeper beyond face value, the green I currently envision is a tainted green. My green yearns for peace, sanity in Nigeria. It yearns for growth in our Government and the economy. It is a tainted green, one with the reflection of the colour red. My green is stained, stained with the blood of the innocent. This green begs for mercy. Mercy to restore youthfulness and togetherness in Nigeria and the World. This green craves for better pastures. This colour with so much meaning paired with black, creates a contrast. One that allows shade and darkness. Darkness which the world faces today. However, these two colours converse with white – a colour of purity. A colour that promotes cleanliness. Cleanliness that we hope we have tomorrow. It is no mistake, that the white is worn on my feet. This is a reflection of the world we live in. With all the pure people being condemned and stepped on. But a time will come indeed, when all the people in white shall shine through darkness and stand up for a better nation. Pray for Nigeria, Pray for the WORLD!!!!

9 Comments Add yours

1. Alex says:

Hottie! I love it x

1. wovenblends says:

Thanks my love :* xoxo

2. Tope says:

Ahah Good write up and analogies. Kudos. Lovely shots.

Liked by 1 person

1. wovenblends says:

3. Tobs says:

I really enjoyed your write up & how you used something so simple to convey a powerful message. Well done girl!

Liked by 1 person

1. wovenblends says:

Thank you zoo much. Thank you for reading and I am so glad you enjoyed it.

Liked by 1 person

4. tari imomos says:

hey! i don’t know if you put links and i stupidly cant find them 😦 but are there links to what you wear so people can get them,and can you put like sizes when you do them so like for example if you said a top was a small and it looks big on you from the pictures i can think and realize that maybe i should get a small also even if i am slightly bigger instead of a medium when shopping online. ahhh i am just obsessed with your blog okay and uhm do you shop at places that are not high end? thanks x

1. wovenblends says:

Hey! I don’t put links just yet. I have inquired about that and because my blog is fairly new, I am unable to do so with my desired company. So in the light of this, if you get your friends and more people to read and follow my blog, I will be able to do this sooner than you think. I apologise for the inconvenience in the mean time. Thank you so much for the criticism, not a lot of people have the courage to give constructive criticism and for that i really do appreciate your comment and suggestion. Further, thank you for reading so far, grateful. With regards to shopping at places not high end, to me that is relative. I don’t classify H&M, Zara, Forever 21 and the likes of them high end. This is because these stores have a range of clothes that vary from basic to more expensive clothing. Also, soon on the blog I will be talking how to be penny wise and not pound foolish. In other words, how to shop nice quality clothes for cheap. In this light, I do shop thrift stores if that helps.

Thanks for reading love,